Software architect is responsible for the technical direction of a project. Makes high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms. Determines coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements. Performs pathfinding and surveys technologies. Interacts with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry as well as between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
At Scenera, we live for the challenge of protecting our customers by staying ahead of the bad guys in our relentless search for safe. And in a world where computing devices are everywhere, delivering on this mission has become imperative. There has never been a better time to be part of Scenera! Do you want to build a standard that will protect millions of homes? Do you cherish the challenge of building a highly scalable client and cloud services? Are you excited about internet-of-things and its impact to the digital home? If the answer is yes, then this role is for you!
We aspire to hire a hands-on architect. The selected candidate will have a lead role in design and architecture of a highly scalable, fault-tolerant software solution for home security. Candidates will be responsible for driving all technical decisions related to the product. Candidate will also play a key role in defining the product road map and specifications. And fuel the innovation pipeline for the product.
• Work closely with a cross functional team including product management, engineering, product marketing to formulate the overall strategy, define features, and drive the system architecture.
• Provide architectural and technical guidance to the team.
• Defining and writing technical specifications.
• Analyze business requirements and lead the design, architecture, and implementation of highly scalable and flexible solution using modern best of breed technologies.
• Understand networking platforms and various application layer protocols. Design end-to-end architecture involving Mobile systems and Cloud services.
• Define RESTful services that will be consume.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters/Ph. D preferred
• Min. 7 years of software development experience.
• 2+ years of architect experience. Demonstrated experience of designing and taking products to market.
• Have strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive experience in at least one server-side framework: Python/Tornado/Django, PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc.
• Experience in building scalable web applications in cloud-based environments.
• Have excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
• Have a working knowledge of Unix/Linux, Embedded and Mobile systems.
• Experience working on a cloud-based product for networking devices is needed.
• Experience with a relational database system such as MySQL or SQL Server is desirable.
• Experience designing and scaling solutions with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is desirable.
• Have aptitude with both API-level technical documentation and higher level technical guides, feature briefs and be familiar with developer documentation is a plus